New York State Land Title Association, Inc. is the statewide voice of the Title Insurance Industry.
Formed in 1921, NYSLTA offers membership to title insurance companies licensed in New York State, abstract companies, title insurance agents, law firms, individual attorneys, surveyors, and others actively engaged in real estate.
All title professionals in New York State benefit from the work of the NYSLTA. The work we do and the things we can accomplish are only limited by the will, resources and support of our members. By joining the NYSLTA and supporting your professional association, you help us accomplish more and accelerate progress toward a business environment optimized for the secure conveyance of title to real property. There are also competitive advantages and direct benefits to you and your company.
NYSLTA Membership gives your business advantages over non-members: you will have an inside line on developing regulations and legislation; peer relationships with the leading people and companies in title insurance; your voice and your opinion will carry more weight in local and state government decisions;
when your work requires expertise outside your home counties, you can call on the professional support of fellow members in all 62 counties.
Additional Benefits of Membership
- Discounted rates at the Annual meeting and Convention
- Discounted fees for State license required CE courses
- CLE courses for NY attorneys specific to title issues and Title Workshops
- A member directory of agents, underwriters and associate members organized by county and municipality
- Priority service for E&O insurance from FoxPoint Programs
- Discounts on UPS shipping - up to 30%
- Instant Email alerts on regulatory announcements, court decisions, and Association events
- Quarterly Membership Newsletter with company news and industry developments
Who is eligible? – “Members shall be limited to abstracters, abstract companies and title insurance agents actively engaged in the business of abstracting and/or examining titles in the State of New York and having their principal place of business in the State of New York. “(Constitution and By-Laws, Article V, Section 2)
- NYSLTA Members are companies doing title insurance business in New York State.
- "Individual Members" are employees of Member companies.
What does it cost?- Annual dues for regular membership are based upon the total number of employees. Different rates apply for Zone 1 and Zone 2.
Apply for Agent Membership
Who is eligible? – “Attorneys-at-law, public recording officers, licensed surveyors, officers of mortgage lending institutions, and other individuals, corporations, or other entities interested in, or using the services of, the Association shall be eligible to become Associate Members.” (Constitution and By-Laws, Article V, Section 3)
If your company is NOT actively engaged in the business of abstracting and/or examining titles on the State of New York, you must join as an Associate Member. You will enjoy all benefits of Membership except voting rights.
What does it cost?- Annual dues for Associate Membership are $435.
Apply for Assoc Membership
The membership year runs November 1 through October 31.
If you have any questions or need more information regarding membership, please feel free to contact us at 212-964-3701.